Yesterday at the pediatrician's office, I was very impressed when our doctor told Raegan that now that she's FOUR she needed to follow "the rules" when it comes to eating fruits and veggies......eat atleast FOUR of each at each serving.
We don't have any trouble with fruits (thank goodness!) but veggies are a whole other story! So, tonight we spooned out FOUR green beans and FOUR pieces of corn (hey, I'll take what I can get!), and made a BIG deal about what Dr. Frank said. She ate the 8 items...probably because we told her she could have a jello cup if she did. (Yeah, some call that bribery.) While I was doing the dishes, she took it upon herself to get her jello cup from the fridge. She inevitably got out FOUR cups, looked up at me with her large load, and said, "But Mommy....it's the rules!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You gotta love how the doctor's and teacher's rules are so much more important than mom's rules. Maybe I will get Dr. Frank to tell my kids they need to go to bed at 8:30!
I love it. So, did she really eat 4 jello cups? Does that fall in the fruit category? HA! What a smart lil momma!
Once a bag lady, always a bag lady (when she was younger, remember bedtime with all her stuff)...my baby is just TOO smart!
Good job, Mommy...bribe on!
Post a Comment