"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Tuesday, July 31, 2007

OOPS!

Remember last week when I posted a blog entitled "Affordable Fun," and was very proud of how I only spent $1.50 and accomplished:
1. a smile on my child's face
2. hanging out with friends
3. AND killing a couple hours?

Well, today started out that same way - my plan was to meet our MOMS' Club group at the firestation (see next post) for a FREE tour and a fun morning with friends.


Yeah...
That would be the side of my car. Apparently, I had a little trouble noticing a HUGE metal gate in a nearby parking lot! So, this fun-filled outing will cost me a $500 deductable, which I am confident I will win back in Vegas, BUT Raegan went to bed happy and still talking about the fire truck!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh NO!! I'm so sorry to hear that~~ I'm still scared i'm gonna do something to our new Van (It's just SO much bigger than our civic) Yikes!

Sarah said...

Ouch! Sorry that the gate jumped out in front of your car, Dawn! At least you guys are safe and sound, right? What do you do?

Shannon said...

Hang in there! It could've been so much worse!

dibee said...

like mother, like daughter...eh? i'm just thankful you and raegan are okay.

oh, do me a favor...when you are in Vegas, win back my deductible, TOO!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Oh my goodness! I am amazed you pressed on...I would have had a meltdown or tantrum, for sure! :) You get the award for follow through for sure! :)