"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Monday, July 16, 2007

Raegan's 1st Pet!


Meet Annie: Putting her into her bowl:

"We'll be great friends..."

Annie's new home:

(Yes, the rocks ARE pink and brown to match her room!)

Must be love: (Notice Raegan fell asleep as close as she could to her new fish friend. Her arm was even on the bedside table!)

The last thing we heard last night was Raegan saying, "Good night, Annie. You are so beautiful. You will "pretect" me and I will "pretect" you." Awh! What a pair! I sure hope this fish lives a while!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Too Cute!!!

Amy said...

That is so sweet!!
But here's what you do if the fish does kick off. Just tell Raegan that you took Annie to the pet store for a sleepover with her friends. Then you can go and "pick her up." My niece thought she had the same goldfish for years, but really she had 4. It's a genius plan!

Anonymous said...

She is just precious! That arm on the table is just too much--so sweet! Love the pink and brown...can Clare have that too when Raegan outgrows the tank--hee hee! Good job, Mommy.

dibee said...

Raegan,

Annie is SO beautiful...i know you will take very good care of her. Tell Annie that Dibee loves her BIG, too! I miss you already,my little Miss Sunshine, and can't wait for you to come visit.

Dawn...good job! Raegan looks so happy with her new friend.

Anonymous said...

if annie is anything like our two fish...she will live for years........and.........years.....and...............well, you get the idea. we had one that took about 2 months to die. he swam in a vertical position forever until finally one day he died. we wanted to put him out of his misery, but i didn't have the heart. instead i let him suffer...as any responsible pet owner would do. :-(

i bought matt and mike each a newt 19 years ago. (a newt is a little useless lizard type creature that lives in part land part water) NINETEEN years later (i'm not kidding) they are still alive. may annie be so fortunate :-) haha!! (may YOU be so fortunate!)

take good care of her raegan...i'm excited to see your new pet next week.

i love you all :-)

Anonymous said...

we had a goldfish that we got at the fair once.

he lived for an hour.

Shannon said...

That may be the sweetest thing I've every seen! Enjoy ladies!

Narci D said...

Now, there's a pet! Looks like Raegan loves her!

Aunt Donna said...

The picture of her sleeping by her pet is adorable! It definitely made my day!! She is a special little girl! Of course, she would correct me and say "I'm not little, I'm big now. I'm 4!"

Myta said...

So sweet! I was thinking about getting the boys a fish too. You'll have to let me know how that goes.

Precious!