"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Wednesday, October 17, 2007

You might be a blogger if...

10. ...you've ever woken up in the middle of the night to blog.
9. ...you've changed the title of your post several times until it was "just right."
8. ...you've ever "staged" a picture for your blog. (Come on - you know you have!)
7. ...you've gotten more "in-touch" with your witty side.
6. ...you get a sense of satisfaction when you reply to ALL your friend's recent posts.
5. ....you've ever blogged before brushing your teeth in the mornings.
4. ...your child asks to watch a movie and you agree happily because you know that means blog-time for you.
3. ...you go out of town and find time to blog. (Amy!)
2....you've ever edited grammar mistakes on someone else's blog because you know their password. (Dayna!)


AND the NUMBER ONE REASON you might be a blogger is if......you've taken a picture of an inanimate object for the sake of a good post! And you know we all have because when in your life did you ever think you'd snap pictures of these? Let's see, we've had:

gnat traps and paint:

bruises and lipstick:

scissors and bags:

couch stuffing and pictures of silverware:

food and forts:

and two of my favorites-
headlines about bear sightings and animal hindparts:

Fun times, girls!

9 comments:

Narci D said...

Oh, that made me laugh--especially since my kitchen stayed cinco de mayo orange for a whole 5 months before we repainted it.

Thanks for the good laugh before bed!

Katie said...

Hee Hee, you know I'm a total blog addict ;)

JKMN said...

ha ha ha ha ha! That was MY gnat trap!

dibee said...

well, i'm not a blogger...but, i am a two time blogger Mom and, a blogger commentator...

SO, does that qualify me to be a member of the blogger group?

Anonymous said...

Dawny...you are too funny...good one! Yes, we all stage pics to give us something new and creative to blog. Glad the bruises made the list--hee, hee!

And, yes Mom...you are definitely qualified to be a member of the blogger group. Thanks for always commenting--you get the award for the most frequent commenter who doesn't have their own blog. :)

Anonymous said...

P.S.--I'm definitely a Blogger b/c I've done all 10 on your list!

P.S.S.--Oh, and in regards to #2, I edited this post to say "two of my favorites" vs. "favorite." Please edit mine as needed--two sets of eyes are better than one. :)

Amy said...

So funny Dawn!! Yes I love it, and I'm so glad this blogging thing has caught on! It's a great way to stay in touch with everyone, because honestly when I am blogging (as opposed to calling) you can't hear me yelling at my kids!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

HAHAHA! Glad the bear headlines amused you as much as they did ME! :) And the number of those blogger-addict things that I do? NO COMMENT. :)

Shannon said...

So true! I've thought of a title I like better, but don't want to make everyone, especially, techno-not me, crazy witht the change!