"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Sad Day

Dear Aunt Dolly (my mom's sister) and Uncle Mike,

Thank you VERY much for coming all the way here to visit us from Louisiana. We all had such a great time with you this past weekend. Mommy enjoyed catching up, Daddy enjoyed playing PS3 with Uncle Mike until the wee hours of the morning, and I enjoyed playing hide-and-go-seek and games with you both! I appreciate the gifts you brought for me too - you're so thoughtful!

When you left, I ran to my room and drew this on the wipe-off board you got me. I handed it to Daddy and said, "This is how I feel."

Don't worry - I quickly got happy again when Mommy and Daddy said I could go get a new movie at Blockbuster......but I do miss you. Glad you made it home safely, and thanks for your sweet message today. Take good care of my Didi and Cousin Clare this week!

Love,
Raegan

~Here's hoping you have the kind of week filled with happy memories that make you feel this way, too, when they're over!

7 comments:

dibee said...

This makes my heart sad, but it just means she had a fun time with Dolly & Mike. So happy you could spend some one-on-one time with them.

I forgot to tell you this... I LUV your new blog header!

Katie said...

How sweet is she!!

Amy said...

Aww, that's so sweet!

Narci D said...

They are just so sensitive at this age, aren't they? That is SO sweet!

Anonymous said...

Raegan - Uncle Mike and I miss you soooooooo much, but we are so happy we had such a "SPECIAL" time at your house.

I was sad just like your picture when I left but now I'm happy again too because I'm thinking about the next time we see each other - - - and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

We love you very much...

Didi said...

Awwhh...sweet baby girl!

Shannon said...

This sweet girl just makes my heart go pitter patter!