"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Monday, February 4, 2008

Sister Blues

Raegan caught wind of us talking about how we're going to start trying to get pregnant soon, and the thought of it is obviously stressing her out!

Here's how the conversation went on the way to school last Thursday:
Raegan: Mommy, I don't want you to grow another baby.
Me: Why not, sweetie?
Raegan: I don't want to share your love.
Me: Well, there's enough love for you and a baby.
Raegan: Well, I just can't be a cousin AND a sister. I just can't do it!
Me: Sure you can. You're a great cousin, and you'll be a great sister.
Raegan: But when we go to Didi's there'll be me, and Clare, AND a baby!

Tommy picked her up that same day and here's how that conversation went:
Tommy: Hi, Raegan. Did you have a good day?
Raegan: I don't want Mommy to grow a baby. (I bet it was on her mind all day!)

Nothing was said all weekend until last night as we were saying prayers and here's what she concluded:
Me: Good night, Raegan.
Raegan: Umm, Mommy. I think you can grow a baby now.
Me: Well, thank you.
Raegan: But Daddy will need to take care of ALL its "fings" and you will still need to take care of me.

Atleast she's warming up to the idea............somewhat.

8 comments:

Didi said...

Silly goose! I love it...when we go to Didi's there will be me and Clare AND a baby! HA! HA! Poor thing--I mean for 4 years its just been her, not we are bombarding her with BABIES!!

Didi said...

P.S.--Did you listen to your music while blogging last night????

Katie said...

How cute is she!! I'm sure she will be SO excited when the time comes :)

dibee said...

MY poor little angel baby...stressing cuz she doesn't want Mommy to grow a baby! Tell her Dibee would be more than happy to help Daddy take care of ALL "its fings"... and, I will always have presents for her.

Sarah said...

That is too cute! She will be a great big sister!

Amy said...

All I could think about while reading this was how my niece asked my brother if they could take baby V back to the hospital now because she was bored with him!
I love the way their minds work!!

Aunt Donna said...

Love the way her mind work! What a thinker. Just tell her she can also help take care of some of its "fings" cuz she's such a big girl now.

Shannon said...

All will be well for Sweet Pea! She will be a fabulous big sister! I wonder what she'll think if you grow a boy!