"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Monday, February 16, 2009

Dreaming BIG!

This afternoon we went to get Raegan's tap and ballet shoes for the class that she started today. The lady at the checkout handed her a penny and asked if she knew who was on it. They had a long conversation about Abe Lincoln (ironic that it's President's Day) and when she got in the car, here's what she said:

Raegan: Mom, I want to be president.
Me: Really? We haven't had a woman president yet.
Raegan: Well, then I want to be the first one.
Raegan: But I have to wait until I'm 35.
Me: That's an awesome goal, Raegan.
Raegan: And you know why I'm going to be president?
Me: No, why?
Raegan: Because I'm from Texas.
Me: Yeah, your Daddy is going to love that one!


So, here's your future president. Guess if that doesn't pan out, she can always try out for the Nutcracker...


5 comments:

Aunt Donna said...

I think we have enough nutcrackers in the Washington so tell Raegan to stick with dancing. How cute is that Texas comment!

Shannon said...

I have every confidence Raegan will achieve any goal she sets her mind to!

Katie said...

Great Pic, and Hey she'd have my vote!! ;)

JKMN said...

I'm surprised she didn't say because she is an Aggie. ;-)

Didi said...

Raegan,

You are so smart! Can't wait to have a date night with you soon.

Love you,
Didi