On Tuesday, we took Will in for his first physical therapy session and learned more about what torticollis is and how to help him stretch his neck at home - placing toys and people so that he has to look to his left and 3 different excercises 4 to 6 times a day until he's 18 months old. He doesn't care for them at all either! She swears we're not hurting him, but the way he screams, it sure does feel like it. Poor baby!
Then yesterday we went down to Cranial Technologies for an evaluation for his plagiocephaly.
(more of a parallelogram than an oval)
The specialists are recommending a DOC band because they feel that with his severity at only 4 months, it was probably caused during pregnancy. (His pediatricain originally had suggested that we give it 2 months and at his 6 month appt. remeasure and see if there's been any improvement with the therapy, but the specialists don't recommend we wait because they don't feel like positioning is the issue.)
So the next step is we're waiting for them to contact our insurance to see if they'll cover this little $3,000 "hat" and Will's pediatrician is on vacation this week but the office is going to have her call me Monday to fill her in and see if she still suggests waiting. I'll keep you posted.
In the meantime, we're just keeping things in perspective and enjoying this happy little gift...
Who found his ears and toes this week!
6 comments:
These pics of him are adorable!!!!
That baby AIN'T no white trash!
He is a Gerber baby...healthy, and beautiful!
Will, are you smiling at me? Ah, little one, you melt my heart! and, I see you found those stinky baby feet! Good job!
I can't wait to hold him, and love him, and squeeze him!
Rick said he sees an Aggie DOC helmet in Will's near future.
And what cute toes they are! So proud of you for keeping such healthy perspective!
What a little darling. He's just adorable!! He always looks so happy in all of the pictures.
Hi Dawn,
Chuck told me about the torticallis. We didn't find out Connor had that until 4 to 5 months old. Once we did find out we got a physical therapist and then we had to move to Dallas so it took another 2 months before he started his therapy. He did therapy for 1 year 3 times a week and it was so hard. I totally understand how you must feel. I never did the excercises I had Chuck do them cause Connor would be screaming in pain. After finding out we realized that was probably why he never slept welland he always cried but I think it was the pain. They say it's like having a charlie horse and they have to stretch it. I hope this little one does not have to endure much. I know with the right therapy he will get better soon. Let me know if you need anything.
God bless,
Michelle
I love the pics! Keep things in perspective and he will be fine. He is truly a gift to all of us!
Post a Comment