"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Heart!

So my mom always uses the expression, "It makes my heart happy." Dibee, I've got to borrow that phrase! It's no secret that parenting isn't always easy and guilt can sure eat at you. But like the Butterfly Kisses song says, "For all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right..."

...because Raegan and I were playing Scrabble the other day and she turned her tiles around and asked me if I could help her build a word. My eyes went to these same 3 letters and I said, "You can make DOG." But then she laid this down...

Then I was cleaning up her closet today and found this...

Not sure when she even drew it, but glad she did. :)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Goosebumps...I've got 'em!

Katie said...

That is SO wonderful!!

dibee said...

Simple, yet it says SO much!

As a parent, you try to teach your children, but sometimes wonder if they get it...

Raegan GOT it! High fives to Raegan, Mommy and Daddy!

Didi said...

It makes Didi's heart happy too! Sweet girl!!!