"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ode to Cinderella...

RIGHT after I dusted, no less, I walked by and saw this (with many more surrounding it):


Instead of getting frustrated, I just smiled and googled a poem that I remember seeing one time. Have you read it before?
Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But every day I'm growing --
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away
So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small
Ahh! Reminds of a plaque my stepmom had that said, "Cleaning the house while the kids are still growing, is like shoveling the walk while it is still snowing!" Sound familiar?

7 comments:

Myta said...

I can totally relate, Dawn. And that is an awesome poem and I love that saying! So...did you leave her handprint...or did you wipe it off?

Anonymous said...

myta...she wiped it off...i am MOST CERTAIN!

what a good memory you have dawny. and i think about that plaque everytime your dad is outside at 4:00am shoveling the driveway while the blizzard continues to fall...

...it's genetic

dibee said...

good job, raegan!!! ...someone was having lots of fun!

hey dawn, remember the powder episode in the Berkshire house when she decorated her bedroom...NOW, that was BIG TIME clean up!

Katie said...

Love it!!!

Shannon said...

Waht a positive attitude you have! That's one of the things I love most about you! At my house, it's paw prints. Do ya have a poem for that?

Amy said...

Yeah, I use that quote all the time!! Glad to see someone else recognizes it! Remember my other favorite one: It's easy to see the writing on the wall, especially if you have children!

Didi said...

I must have missed this post on Sunday. That little hand is so sweet--one of the things I love the most about Raegan--her precious little hands. It's the same now for Clare. I'll have to remember this poem once Clare becomes mobile.