"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Friday, July 20, 2007

Our Own Ratatouilles!

What's on the menu for these young chefs...
cheesy breadsticks


First step: Any good cook must wash their hands!


2nd step: Measure, tap, and scrape out some flour!


3rd step: Check on friends! Doing great, Jackson and Ashton!
4th step: Roll flour into a ball!



5th step: Get some loose flour for the table!


6th step: And a little for our noses too!

7th step: Kneed our dough. You call this cooking?


8th step: Cut our dough into strips with our "kid-friendly" cutters!


9th step: Brush on some olive oil. (Nothing like painting your food!)


9th step: Check on our fellow painters. Still doing good!



10th step: Top with cheese, food goes in the oven, and we WAIT...


11th step: And WAIT...oh the agony!


(Right about now Raegan said, "I'm hungry and want to go home." HA!)


12th step: The pay-off! Out comes our masterpieces...13th step: Bon appetit!


Thanks, Sarah, for a very fun outing today! Great seeing you guys!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Raegan is just going to so many fun events and that cast really hasn't kept her down--just the swimming. What a big girl!

dibee said...

Watch out Rachel Ray and Giada...the next Food Network chef is in the making!

Dawn...can we reverse rolls? Will you be my Mommy and i'll be your kid? What a fun-filled week you scheduled for Raegan. Good job, Mommy!

The expressions on Raegan's face are just priceless...excitement, intenseness, anticipation, concentration, boredom and last, but not least...pissed off!

Katie said...

TOO Cute, i LOVE the pic of her waiting oh so patiently ;)

Amy said...

It looks like so much fun!! My girls would love to do something like that!

Shannon said...

What big fun! I love the picture of Raegan waiting with her reflection in the table! By the way, I'm all about painting my food too!:)

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I just realized I do not have your personal email address Dawn...so...www.statcounter.com I just emailed well…commented on your sister’s blog, I think for the first time…how weird that you were commenting on mine! Hahahahaha!
If you go to this site…it explains everything and if you look on the very bottom of my site…you can see the link…Shana taught me and Amy P has one too…
The counter is random and a little frustrating…meaning that if you look at your own blog, it counts it each time you return to “home page” and it doesn’t tell the exact person who is emailing, only their server and approx. location…but still fun…when I saw over 100 hits this past week one day…and knew I did not visit that day…that is what gave me the idea to see who was stopping by…because only about ten comment. 
It is a free service…

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I didn't mean the exact person who is emailing, I meant it doesn't tell the exact server address/name of the person viewing...sorry to be confusing...send your email address through Shana or somebody to me! :)

Myta said...

How fun! Looks like they had a blast!

Sassy said...

I LOVE Reagan's face when she is "waiting"...SO FUNNY.
Thanks for the smile :)

Unknown said...

Love the waiting faces. That is so Madeline too. I am sorry we missed the fun. Let's go back and do it again.