"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Special Delivery!

Ding-dong! went the doorbell this afternoon. Not expecting anyone, I opened the door and saw the underside of a recliner. Hunh? Then a male voice came from behind it and said, "Hello. Where would you like your chair?" My what?

Then a sneaky little grin appeared on Dayna's face. I knew then what was going on....see, we gave her our maroon Lazy Boy that we had upstairs in the gameroom - it worked out great for both of us because she needed something to rock that sweet baby in, and when we put the pool table up there, it was rather crowded anyway.

Well, I made the comment that I didn't have anything to rock Clare in when she came over here and how good a tan one would look downstairs. Me and my BIG mouth! I can't believe she bought me a recliner. Isn't that SO sweet? I mean I've had flowers delivered to my door, a sweet cookie bouquet recently, and packages of goodies, but NEVER A CHAIR! How exciting and generous!

So here's our new addition. We tried it out and it passed the test - Tommy, Raegan, AND Clare all like it. :)


I have the most thoughtful sister in the world.
Thank you Dayna! This was such a neat surprise!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! That is a very exciting surprise! Dayna is VERY thoughtful!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, "I did good!" Just wanted to thank you for EVERYTHING you have done for us--recently and ALWAYS. We love you!!!

Shannon said...

That truly was a very thoughtful gesture! You two are sooo good to each other!