"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Monday, October 22, 2007

Priorities...

Yesterday at church, the pastor preached on priorities. You know - the things that are constantly changing each second in our busy day-to-day worlds - the things that cause us to feel like life is one big "juggling act," and we're the "clowns" trying to keep all the balls in the air?

He asked us what our priorities were. He asked if God was #1 on our list? Then went on to explain how even he had a hard time balancing God time, family life, work, friends, and community - the battle between what we know we should do and what we really do - sound familiar?

Then I just love what he said next! He said that maybe we have it all wrong. Maybe there IS NO pecking order and God isn't #1 on our list. Hmm? A pastor saying this? Instead, he offered that we think of God as the ladder that holds everything up - present in everything we do - no matter where it lands on our "to-do" list at the moment! Good advice, don't you think?

5 comments:

Didi said...

I loved it! David even said the message hit home to him too. I'm so glad we joined. Looking forward to growing in our faith with our new church family! Thanks for leading us to this church!

Narci D said...

God is always present, but it takes us making Him a PRIORITY to be able to hear and see Him! :) Priorities are a funny thing and are so easy to get out of whack--At our church, our pastor is in the middle of a sermon series about prayer and this relationship with Him is what we are first and foremost called to. Talk about right-sizing myself! It's been life-changing!

Katie said...

Totally love that!

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh! That is just amazing! I love that and it soooo fits! I'm grateful for this Ladder!

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh! That is just amazing! I love that and it soooo fits! I'm grateful for this Ladder!