"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Friday, December 14, 2007

Life is So Short

A dear friend of ours passed away last night after battling her 2nd round of cancer. Linda wouldn't want anyone to be sad (even though I am), she was just the happiest little "spitfire" I knew! Instead, she'd be happy for the time she had.

So during your holiday time with friends and family, and next month when we're you're making New Year's resolutions, remember to live with a happy heart and also like there's no tomorrow - just like Linda did. Life truly is so short!

"Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of." ~Charles Richards

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think." ~Chinese Proverb

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. ~Abraham Lincoln

"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got." ~Art Buchwald

"You only live once; but if you live it right, once is enough." ~Adam Marshall

Here's to you, Linda! You are an inspiration and will be so missed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn - I am so sorry to hear about Linda. I know how much it hurts to lose a friend, but you are so right, life is truly short. Words to live by!

I love you and I hope you place Linda in a special place within your heart and remember to cherish the great moments you shared.

dibee said...

Dawn,

This is a beautiful tribute to your friend Linda. I am very sory to hear she lost her battle with cancer...you were blessed to have her in your life.

Please give my condolences to Danny, to Danny & Linda's children, and to Tommy.

I love you forever,
Mom

Anonymous said...

This is such a nice tribute to Linda. We are thinking of all of you!

Anonymous said...

i was sorry to hear about linda. my thoughts are with danny and their family. cancer touches all of us in so many different ways. just yesterday cancer silenced my favorite voice in the world...dan fogelberg...someone i never knew, yet my life was so touched by his words and song.

in the words of john lennon~life is what happens while we're busy making other plans. make the best of every day and enjoy every minute of it.

i love you.