"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sweet Intentions

On this business trip, Raegan chose her princess doll for Tommy to take with him to Ohio and Boston. She was SO excited (like the last time), until we received this...



The email with it said something like, "Here's Princess in my suitcase ready to go with Daddy on his trip." Sweet, right? Well, not to our, I-never-miss-a-thing, child! She was VERY concerned and must have asked 50 questions:

Where is she?
Why is it so dark?
Where are the lights?
How did Daddy do that?
WHY did Daddy do that? (my favorite)

Of course, I didn't have the heart to tell him, and we just thanked him for the picture. Raegan was still very concerned about her doll in the depths of scary darkness. That was....until we got this...

Ahh! What's that thing she's on? Why are those chains behind her?

Oh no! The first one looked like poor Princess was kidnapped and stuffed in a trunk, and now this one looks like she's being tortured! Again, I didn't say anything to him, but was terribly relieved when this one came through...

11 comments:

Didi said...

Like Raegan, I'm also wondering how TT took that first pic? Way cool! What a sweet Daddy!

I'm thinking all this church & bible study is really showing through TT!!!

dibee said...

I love the memories Tommy and Raegan are making.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! That is too funny! Tell Tommy to take that princess to get some ice cream or something tomorrow, he's going to traumatize poor Raegan!

Narci D said...

That is so funny! Very creative pictures! :)

This is so funny that Tommy does this. Rob has wanted to the past few times he's been gone, but he always forgets the stuffed animal!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the "what are those chains behind her" question! HAHAHAHA!!

Katie said...

That's too hilarious!! I love what kids come up with!!

Myta said...

Oh my gosh! I think that's about the cutest thing I've seen!

JKMN said...

Hilarious! Didn't know Tommy was into princess torture...maybe he could use some guidelines for taking pictures on the next trip.

Sassy said...

That is so funny, my goodness.
What a good daddy to TRY to do a good thing for his princess. HAHA-

Anonymous said...

come on dawn...update your blog. that princess in the suitcase is starting to creep me out a little...

Shannon said...

Men, so well intentioned, so clueless!