"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



Saturday, October 18, 2008

Red Rover

Red Rover, Red Rover
Let Raegan come over!

We've been talking about starting on the baby's nursery, and decided to put the baby in the room Raegan's in now, and move her right across the hallway into the old playroom - because the closet is bigger in that room. And you KNOW the importance of a closet size when it comes to a girl! So today started the transformation...


Goodbye playroom, we'll miss your storage...

The unselfish big sister in her said she didn't want new bedding or a new theme or anything. She said, "Let's just spend our money on food and "night-nights" for the baby." As sweet as that was, there was a "but." (Of course there was, because we are dealing with a girl here!) She added, "But I would like my dots to go all around my room this time and a darker pink on the walls." AND Tommy let her pick it out! So after a busy morning of Tommy's back-breaking work and my exhausting job of "supervising" (hee! hee!) - it's almost done.


Here's her wall color before...
And here it is NOW!
(The reflection on the carpet makes it even look pink!)
I won't be able to go in there without sunglasses, but she'll love it, I'm sure!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

how many coats of paint did it take to cover the walls that dark?! i'm sure it's going to look adorable...and very understanding of you when it comes to what a girl NEEDS.

Anonymous said...

how many coats of paint did it take to cover the walls that dark?! i'm sure it's going to look adorable...and very understanding of you when it comes to what a girl NEEDS.

Dawn said...

Sad to say...but that's only ONE coat, Vic! 2nd coat goes on today...I'm scared! :)

Didi said...

I saw it and it looks great! Go TT!!! And what a sweet Raegan, wanting the money to be spent on food and night-nights!

dibee said...

Well, you know, I love buying presents for my babies...

and, I was perusing PBK online, cuz I was looking for a dresser w/a changing table, and I just happened to see a bedspread, and a room full of stuff, that would look good with the wall color.

Christmas IS just around the corner, you know! and, I NEED to start shopping... hint, hint!

Katie said...

WOW, I can't wait to see the finished room!! What fun! :)

Shannon said...

It looks great so far! Let Tommy know I've got two baths to be painted when he's done with your rooms!:)

Anonymous said...

Reagan I love your new room! Sounds like your Daddy had his work cut out for him!

Have fun in your new space!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Way to go Tommy. I know Raegan will just adore her new room when it's all done. :-) I can't wait to see the nursery transformed too.

JKMN said...

It's great - it is going to look so grown up and chic!

Aunt Donna said...

I love the room! She is so sweet to want to spend the $$$ on other things. That won't last long, so enjoy it while you can!